About Me

Friday, January 24, 2014

Love for Sitcoms

I am in love with a number of TV series right now, right from Shameless, Cougar Town, How I met your Mother, to Game of Thorns, and Big Bang Theory. I remember when I first came to know about the concept of sitcoms. How I met your mother was the first ever series I watched, and fell in love with Barney's charm and Ted's hopeless romantic nature. It was in 2009, when I had plenty of time on my hands just after completing my engineering. After that I got busy in shaping my career, and didn't see any of the other series, though I watched each and every season of HIMYM as a loyal fan.


Now in 2013, I again had plenty of free time on my hands. After getting married, and relocating to London, and being unemployed for nearly an year, I saw many of the TV series which I am ashamed that I never saw before. Like FRIENDS!!! How could I ever miss that show. It is such a classic masterpiece. It should not be missed by anyone, whosoever. That is one show that I ll make my kids watch in their teens. With each episode, I loved it more.

In the past 1 year, I watched all the seasons of friends TWICE!! I started shameless, and big bang theory, and cougar town. The whole concept of television is completely different in India and western world. I do not know when would the time come, when we'll be proud of our television industry. Indian television saw a change in 90s, with the launch of all those basic saas bahu sagas, but ever since it has been stagnant (apart from few good reality shows here n there). Indian television will have to grow leaps and bounds to have a respectable place in the market.

Apart from watching the TV series, I have been trying my hands on different cuisines. I am not an excellent cook, nor have I ever tried my hands on anything difficult but being said that, I enjoy cooking. I get happy when my food is appreciated. London is getting chilly. It is still better than the February last year, when I came. I really hate the weather in February here.

Lastly, I have to update the layout of the blog. I have completely forgotten how to add widgets through the code, or may be Blogger has changed some settings. Now this definitely on my To-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment