About Me

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Being Confident?



I have been meaning to write this post since long. Like REALLY long. And, this story needs a backdrop.

I have had a happy childhood - an amazing family, lovely friends. There wasn’t anything really I could ask for. Except one! 

Validation.

Growing up I wasn’t pretty confident enough. I looked for validation, and appreciation on who I was or how I looked. I used to feel inferior, and chose to be in the shell. I was a brilliant student, the one whom teachers loved. I used to participate in debates, speeches, group discussions, and I bet nobody knew what I was dealing with in my head.

Teenage is a tough time, my friends.

I preferred to not hang out much with them, outside the school/ college, and chose to stay at home with my family. Because I didn't have to worry about anything there.

So, what changed? Well, I think primarily what changed is that I GREW UP. I realised that the friends that I made were an amazing bunch, and I missed on making so many memories with them just because I was going bonkers on something stupid. I wish (all the time) that I had talked to someone about it.

Meeting Him is so far one of the amazing chapters of my life. He helped me come out of that shell. Be confident of who I am. He made me realise what I am good at, and taught me how not to give shit about anything remotely negative. 

What next?

I wish I am able to instill the confidence in my child, as early as possible. To not compare yourself with anyone else, to not feel inferior about anything, that he/she is the best at being what they are and that no one could do it better.

I wish that my child doesn't seek validation in life. And that he/she knows that they can come to us and talk about ANY damn thing. That being confident of who you are, what you do, and what you choose to be - feels pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment