Few days back, Him and I were talking about attachment. That how Him is a fairly unattached person to basically anything. While talking I realised how I attach myself to non-living things, and have gradually become unattached to the living ones around me. Not that I don’t love people around me, but definitely don’t have any expectations from anyone around me except of course a person or two.
I am rather attached to that metro ticket from the trip we had to Barcelona, or the tickets to first ever musical, or the first rose that Him gave me. I think attaching yourself to things is a better option than people. You know when you are attached to a certain person, it automatically invigorates expectations and that’s where downhill begins. At least you can hold on to those silly tickets/ bills, and can refresh your memories every time you look on them.
I think I have reached an age where I hesitate in making new friends. I prefer my own little set of closed ones whom I can rely on, and who don’t mind if I forget calling on their birthdays. Because they know and I know, we have each other’s back no matter what! Since having Him in my life, I haven’t really felt a need to look out and find someone to talk to. I feel blessed of having a friend or two who fall under the category of “2 AM friends”.
Attachment is a serious business, isn’t it? It can be uplifting, rewarding, encouraging or cam make you feel disappointed/ jealous. I have been on the other side, and trust me couldn’t be happier from this gradual change.
What do you think of attachment as?
No comments:
Post a Comment