About Me

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Food Talk - Choco Lava Cake

Christmas is just two days away!!! I can't convince myself that Christmas is already here. I have mentioned on the blog at least a billion times that I love this time of year in London. Him's and mine offices have closed for 10 days, and we are all tucked in, with a whole list of Christmas movies to watch and lots of food to binge on! I thought I should share this quick recipe of making Choco lava cake. This one is ideal to eat any time of the year, but I love it especially during winter holidays. 




Ingredients
Baking Chocolate – I took around 4 pieces
Butter – 1/2 cup
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 1/3 cup
All-purpose Flour – 1/4 cup 

Recipe 
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Melt the chocolate, and add butter to it. Mix thoroughly till butter dissolves completely in the chocolate. 
2. In a different bowl, beat eggs and sugar for around 4-5 minutes. Add the butter-chocolate mixture to the egg-sugar bowl. Finally add the all-purpose flour to it.
3. Apply a thin layer of butter inside the cup/ small porcelain bowl, and pour the mixture till it's 3/4 full.
4. Butter bottom and sides of ramekins (small glass/porcelain bowls) and pour in mixture until 3/4 way full.
5. Keep the bowls in oven for 10-15 minutes. I usually check after 10 minutes by poking a toothpick in it, as we prefer molten chocolate inside. 

That is it!!! I haven't tried making it in microwave, but I am pretty sure results would be the same. Keep it in microwave for a bit longer, and poke a fork or toothpick to check. ;)

2 comments:

  1. The recipe looks so easy and hassle free. Though Christmas has passed but m surly giving this one a try! Thanks for sharing Sameera.

    Ps: you have a great blog!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sonali, totally with u! Cake needs no reason to be baked :D
    Do tell me how was it. x

    ReplyDelete