Starting off with the obligatory ‘Sorry for being MIA’
I last updated the blog in September and I was in India the
complete October (AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS). I had so much to write about that in
the end I didn’t document anything. This is one of those ideal cases of procrastination.
Moving on, we were in India for a month celebrating the entire festive season.
Now, I love India and I am one of those who bash the NRIs cribbing about Indian
weather and cleanliness issues. I am so disappointed to say that I had turned
into one of those this trip. I went ill the day we reached India, having fever
as high as 104 degree C, and a sour throat for literally the WHOLE effing
MONTH! I do not suffer from health issues (even minor) at all. Him has always
been impressed by my immune system, as he can’t count a single time in these
two years of married life when I fell sick. So this fell as a hard one on him
as well.
I have missed mentioning Karva Chauth, Diwali, and my birthday
here. Skipping the former ones, I’ll just write down about the birthday this
year. I turned 27 this 3rd. Getting older doesn't scare me, and I
have moved past the phase of being overexcited for the birthdays. We went on
for our usual routines, off to work, and ended the day with watching a musical
theatre and quite cozy dinner. I had been longing to watch WICKED since
forever, I think may be since the day I first saw its poster when I moved to
London. It was such a surreal experience, and I get it now why people prefer
theatre performances over movies here. It is beyond explainable. I am a being
fantasy buff, from Enchanted to Timothy Green, so there wasn’t any chance I won’t
like this one. I would highly recommend watching this one.
While coming back from India, I have brought a whole lot of
books with me because let’s face it – books are cheaper in India. I have
stocked the entire pile to read for at least next 6 months. Currently reading –
Malala’s biography – I am Malala, and I am hooked! You know,
how I mentioned in the review of ‘A thousand Splendid Suns’ that I felt lucky
while reading the book. Well, Malala tells you that indeed you are lucky and
you can’t be thankful enough! I know a thousand of people have already written
about her – but I have to! Her courage amazes me! Her father is the hero in her
life, and how he has been there to guide her, and to be with her on the path
father-daughter chose together!
Next on my agenda – The
Lowland by Jhumpa Lehri.
Another thing worth mentioning here is Him’s latest
addiction! Him has joined the ‘ASOS Fan Club’ bandwagon. He has picked up this
habit to place an order every alternate day on ASOS, try the clothes, choose
the best ones and pack the others for return. Result – I am the one visiting
the ‘collect+’ store twice a week on my way to work! This better needs to stop.
Lastly, the chrismasified
London! London is at its best in December.
I’ve been lucky this year to enjoy festive season back home, and be back to
London at the right time when the festivity had just begun! It couldn’t have
been prettier, and I feel lucky every time I look at those gorgeous street
decorations in Covent Garden and Oxford Street.
Will be back soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment