About Me

Friday, July 25, 2014

A letter to 16 years old me

Hi 16 years old me,

This is you writing for you 10 years into life. I want to tell you life is not at all bad, and you are doing well. As I look back and see how I used to be, I have smile on my face and that smile is because f you! You make me proud of myself. I want to tell you that you've done pretty well in life till now, and you are living each day with full zeal and excitement. Right now you must be struggling with 4 tuition classes per day, along with school, and feeling inferior in front of your classmates. I want to tell you stop thinking about yourself this way. You are no less than any of them, and you’ll never be. I, right here, am the proof. Today, when all of them are having kids and enjoying their social life by discussing TV serials, you have a full-time job, a loving husband, a house full of responsibilities, and adventurous activities each week.

Also, the preparations you are doing for all those entrance exams, they’ll lead you nowhere. You’ll end up at another PTU college, and would make some friends for lifetime. One more thing, 10 years from now, you’ll be in London working as a creative writer. Who would have thought of that? The crush you have on that guy from tuition, you’ll overcome it soon and will meet the love of your life in college. You had a love marriage, and as I write this it’s already been a year and a half into the wedding bliss! And stop thinking that mom dad don’t let you live your life and are way too strict because after 10 years you’ll understand that it wasn't strictness, it was coaching to learn how to make right decisions. You definitely wouldn't want to turn into a stupid woman, would you?

I think I have disclosed enough of future for you. I want to tell you, stop feeling bad about yourself. You are doing everything right, and enjoying your teenage perfectly well. There’s no hurry to turn older. I am proud of the innocence you have, and I feel happy when I look back and see how wonderfully I lived those years. It is because of you, I live my life today without any guilt of making a wrong decision ever. Go and thank your parents for that.

26 years old me

P.S. I know it's not a usual post, and I had to think quite a lot before publishing it. But what the heck, this is my blog after all. Routine posts will resume over the weekend.

Anyone else has written a letter to their younger versions?

No comments:

Post a Comment