I am on a blogging spree nowadays, hope this enthusiasm persists forever. Now I am a vegetarian since forever. And I have always hated when people roll their eyes and say, "You are a Punjabi so how can you be a vegetarian?" I am answer less. I don't know what to tell them so they can SHUTUP. I am a vegetarian because of my personal choice. No one forced me to turn into one, and neither is it a religious bound. I don't feel like eating, hence I don't. Period.
Him has always been a non vegetarian, and since the day we got married he has been cooking all the meat by himself. Of course the lazy ass refrained from experimenting in the kitchen, so last year EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY he ate 'The grilled chicken with stir-fried veggies'. Finally I gave in, and told him that I'll cook chicken for him. I have cooked chicken for 4-5 times now, and although I haven't ever tasted it but I am going to trust Him on this as he said - It smells like my mom's kitchen in here. That's a compliment!
So, I thought of sharing the recipe here.
BUTTER CHICKEN (serves two)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Ingredients
250 gms chicken (boneless)
Butter - 1 big tablespoon
paste of 6-7 cashew nuts (soaked in water overnight)
Whipping cream - 1 big spoon
Milk - 1 cup
Salt - according to your taste
1 finely chopped green chilly
Pinch of red chilly powder or paprika
half tablespoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
2 minced onions
4-5 minced garlic cloves
2 tomatoes pureed
A small piece of ginger
Garam Masala - half tablespoon
1 spring onion - chopped
Coriander leaves - for granishing
Procedure:
Melt the butter in the pan, and add onion and garlic to it. Add salt and fry till it turns light brown. Now add chilly powder, turmeric powder, and let it fry for a minute.
Add tomato puree, ginger, cashew nut paste, fenugreek leaves to the mixture, and fry it till the butter starts to bubble at the corners of the pan.
Add the chopped spring onion, chicken pieces, milk, garam masala, and cover the pan for 10 minutes. Keep the stove on sim, and stir occasionally in between.
Put the whipping cream, and stir for few minutes. I do not eat non veg, so I checked whether the chicken is cooked well or not by applying pressure with the spoon.
Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
As simple as that (:
Him has always been a non vegetarian, and since the day we got married he has been cooking all the meat by himself. Of course the lazy ass refrained from experimenting in the kitchen, so last year EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY he ate 'The grilled chicken with stir-fried veggies'. Finally I gave in, and told him that I'll cook chicken for him. I have cooked chicken for 4-5 times now, and although I haven't ever tasted it but I am going to trust Him on this as he said - It smells like my mom's kitchen in here. That's a compliment!
So, I thought of sharing the recipe here.
BUTTER CHICKEN (serves two)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Ingredients
250 gms chicken (boneless)
Butter - 1 big tablespoon
paste of 6-7 cashew nuts (soaked in water overnight)
Whipping cream - 1 big spoon
Milk - 1 cup
Salt - according to your taste
1 finely chopped green chilly
Pinch of red chilly powder or paprika
half tablespoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
2 minced onions
4-5 minced garlic cloves
2 tomatoes pureed
A small piece of ginger
Garam Masala - half tablespoon
1 spring onion - chopped
Coriander leaves - for granishing
Procedure:
Melt the butter in the pan, and add onion and garlic to it. Add salt and fry till it turns light brown. Now add chilly powder, turmeric powder, and let it fry for a minute.
Add tomato puree, ginger, cashew nut paste, fenugreek leaves to the mixture, and fry it till the butter starts to bubble at the corners of the pan.
Add the chopped spring onion, chicken pieces, milk, garam masala, and cover the pan for 10 minutes. Keep the stove on sim, and stir occasionally in between.
Put the whipping cream, and stir for few minutes. I do not eat non veg, so I checked whether the chicken is cooked well or not by applying pressure with the spoon.
Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
As simple as that (:

No comments:
Post a Comment