About Me

Friday, March 21, 2014

Kids ain't easy boy!

This week has been extremely busy, and not the good busy. Usually, I am happy when while going to bed I do not know where did the entire day went by. But at times there are days which are extremely busy and still every hour is difficult to pass. This week came under the latter category. Last year during early summers, I came in touch with an amazing Indian family. A young early thirties couple with 2.5 years old kid. I am not at all good at handling kids but this little girl, lets call her munchkin, made her way in my arms. She didn't scare me at all. and I have been loving to spend every possible time with her since then. The friend of mine (mother of kid) was expecting at that time, and now they are a lovely family of four. In this year in London, I have found a super amazing friend in her. The kind of friend whom you can call at any time of the day without thinking twice.

This Tuesday, when I was on my way to swimming class, my friend called me for help. The little munchkin had cut her right hand's finger while the mum was busy in kitchen. And as my friend's husband couldn't attend the call due to some meeting, I was the only one who came in her mind. Munchkin, who otherwise is a happy kid, was crying miserably. The little kid's finger needed stitches and upon X ray we came to know that there was a minor fracture too. Hence, surgery was the option. These have been few of the toughest days  of my life. Seeing a kid cry inconsolably, and being helpless. We bought her home yesterday, after three days in hospital. Little kid was terribly scared, and didn't leave her dad's lap for a second. 

The entire incident made me think on several things. Upon seeing this happy kid, I used to think may be dealing with kids is not that bad. But it definitely is. I saw the parents crying on their helplessness. Mother saying again and again, "I went away just for a minute." These kids need undiverted attention. Him said to me once, "I don't know about myself but I am confident that you ain't ready."

I read somewhere once that a person makes lifelong friends by the age of 25, and I found the statement extremely true because all my friends whom I have been connected with since long are either from school or college. There are few ex work friends as well, but I haven't yet felt for them that way. You know, lifelong is a huge term! Anyhoo, I have now realized that this statement is not true. Friendship knows no age. The little Munchkin when called me Masi, and the friend who hugged me for being there. I knew, I loved them.

This post has no pictures. I had a planned post in my mind, but I had to write this one before this thinking mode finished. The planned one would be up on the weekend.

Till then,
Happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment